Strict Security Measures
Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. takes the security of information very seriously and has established security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to customer information. These standards exist for both our physical facilities and our online services. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard consumer information. In addition, Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. has policies and procedures to limit employee access to information only to those employees with a business reason for accessing such information. Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. educates its employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee responsibilities regarding customer information.
Why Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. Collects Information
Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. collects information about you to:
- Accurately identify you and provide thorough information to the insurance carriers we work with;
- Protect and administer your records and policies;
- Save you time when you apply for new products and services;
- Offer you quality products and services;
- Analyze information provided online to improve our website, customize the advertising and content that you see, and conduct marketing research;
- Comply with certain laws and regulations.
Information We Collect
Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. may collect the following types of non-public personal information from you and outside sources:
- Data you provide on your application and other forms you provide Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc., such as name, address, e-mail address, occupation, and other information necessary for us to provide accurate quotes and other insurance services and programs to you;
- Your transactions with Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. and its affiliates.
Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. has established procedures so that the information we collect is accurate, current and complete. Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. is committed to working with you to promptly correct any inaccurate information.
Information We Share
Depending on the type of relationship you have with Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc., we may share or disclose the information we collect from you with Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. affiliates, as well as with unaffiliated third parties, to the extent necessary to service you and your policy as completely as possible. Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. reserves the right to share all information we collect as this policy describes.
Under the law, Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. is permitted to share identification information with its affiliates, as well as information related to the transactions and experiences we have with our customers. By sharing this information, Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. is able to streamline transactions to ensure you receive the service you need. We also disclose information to complete transactions initiated by you when you request or authorize the disclosure, or if the disclosure is required by law. At times it is necessary to disclose information to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of any agreement we have with you and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations, including governmental law enforcement authorities, to detect or prevent fraud, criminal activity, material misrepresentations or material non-disclosures in connection with insurance transactions. We may also disclose the information we collect from you to non-affiliated third parties, as permitted by law.
For example, we may provide information to:
- Managing insurance agencies with which we and insurance carriers are contracted for the sale and service of quotes and policies;
- Outside companies to perform services on our behalf, such as website development companies, mail house services, and research companies which conduct marketing surveys that enable us to improve our customer service;
- Government and administrative entities to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, orders and audits;
- Insurance regulatory authorities and financial auditors;
- Another party, or its representative, involved in the purchase, sale or merger of all or part of Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. and its affiliates;
- A certificate holder or policyholder with regard to the status of an insurance transaction;
- A lien holder, mortgagee, assignee, lessor or other person having a legal or beneficial interest in the insurance policy.
Whatever the reason for sharing information, we require strict confidentiality by the receiving parties and limit the use of the information to the purpose for which it was disclosed. Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. will not sell your personal information to unaffiliated third parties, nor will it provide your personal information to third parties, doing business on Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc.’s behalf, for their own marketing purposes.
If you end your relationship with Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc., we will adhere to the information policies and practices described in this policy.
Important Privacy Choices
You have the right to opt out of or prevent the disclosure of non-public personal financial information to non-affiliated third parties, other than those permitted by law. This option applies to the insurance products and services that Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. provides to you. Presently, Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. does not share or exchange such information. If you would like more information about your options and rights to opt out of information sharing, please call Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. at 800 633 5118, or write to Aviators Insurance Agency, Inc. . If you have previously opted out, please be assured that your election will remain effective. You do not need to call unless you wish to change your election.